Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Year !!!

I was at a friends 30th party last week and got a gentle reminder from a friend of mine Killian Lonergan
that I hadn't updated this in a while.
I love listening to Killian and other friends as we could spend hours talking about running.
It is why i decided to open Amphibian King Ashtown with Mark Horan.
I love listening to customers share their stores both good and bad.Most customers will enter the store and
say ''im only a fun runner''.It doesn't matter what level you are at once you are enjoying the sport.

So my own running has been up and down the last 6 weeks.I upped the mileage too quickly(whats new)
and my knee was niggling at me so had to take 9 days off.
What got me running again was the opportunity to run with the great Haile Gebrselassie over in Manchester.
We just opened up an account with Adidas and they wanted to showcase their new product called Boost.

I got a pair of Adidas Boost glide and have done two good weeks running,they are very responsive and work well in wet conditions.I will report back with a further review after 200miles.
I got to meet both Haile and a former national champion and an absolute gent called James Mcllroy.
Haile took us on a short run around a golf course at 7.30am and some light drills and stretching after.
Afterwards was a nice breakfast and outdoor Jacuzzi :)

Since the new year I have decided to get a coach and have a plan put together.The key is staying injury free and I will probably go backwards before I go forwards again.
I plan a couple of races just to keep ticking over and starting with the Enniscorthy 10k in 5weeks time.
I missed the cut of date for Ballycotton 10mile so will look for another option.



Our new run course starts the 7th and 11th of Jan.for more info log onto our Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment