Saturday 21 May 2011

The long road back....

It's been about 5 years since I had a blog and only after reading some fantastic blogs like Matthew Bidwell www.beermatt.blogspot.com/ and Barry Minnocks http://www.barryminnock.com/  I decided to give it a go.
So the last 13 weeks I have been training building  a base before I started racing again.
My first race is next Saturday in the phoenix park(Donore 5k) and im starting to get very nervous.

I have been running since the age of 10 and over the years have stopped and started running again but right now I have the hunger for it and working in Amphibian King makes it easy as I meet so many people who love to run.

Tonights run was a tempo run and I headed down to the park only to be told that it's closed till Tuesday due to Obama being over.So I ran 15mins easy followed by 20mins hard(3.65miles) and 15mins easy.
A solid session but the thought of going 70-90seconds quicker I know is gona hurt on Saturday.

so with my first post out of the way I hope to update this on a regular basis and make it informative and hope it makes enjoyable reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment