Tuesday 24 May 2011

speed v endurance

Tonights session was 4 x 800m,the first 3 ran in 2.32 and the last in 2.26.At the moment I feel my endurance is good for this time of the year but im lacking in speed.when I say speed i mean where I could run a sub 65-66 lap and feel comfortable but right now my training is more aimed at 10k so speed is not as important.

I was up eary at 6am this morning,usual bowl of porridge and banana.went out for 35mins run @ 8min miles.
Was supposed to have a massage at 3pm but after I mix up I ended up not going as the massage therapist was booked up.
what is the story with the wind these days?Few of the lads heading to Enfield tonight for a 5k,would love to be racing but Saturday is looming.
Have been thinking of a marker regarding time for the 5k and id be content with sub 16.30 but would like it to be closer to 16mins.Being my first race for a while I know I will come on alot for the run so will see on Saturday:)

Mileage for today 13miles !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment