Tuesday 16 August 2011

somethings don't make sense

Well where to start ummmmm not sure.Few people have asked me why my blog hasn't been updated lately.
Somethings best not said on blogs but my Mam got sick of late and just havn't had the heart to train.
Was only the last 2 days my best mate Gary got me out for  a couple of runs and I relaised how much running helps keep me sane.

Since my last blog I did the formula 1 duathlon finishing in 7th place.The race went as follows:
Run 1 was 2.7km and went out with the intention of going steady on the first run but couldn't resist putting the hammer down and getting the run prime of 25euro :)
The change over was crap,struggled to change into my bike shoes and mount the bike.Hving had a 20second lead ont he run I was now back in 5th after the bottom of the Kyber.Amazing how fast them guys go on the TT bikes.from the last duathlon I did 3 years ago I now had a nice bike purchased from Paul and Dom in Velo Motion.After the bike I had slipped back to 9th or 10th place but ran well picking off 2-3 guys and decided to run in my socks as no lock laces would have meant 1min lost in transition.
on the second and last bike ride(thank fuck) I felt I had found a good steady pace only to be pased by more guys on their lovely TT bikes.coming into the last corner my gears got stuck and lost momentum.Someguy struck me from behind and started to shout at me ''you fucking idiot,learn how to ride your bike''
I was in shock more at being hit than him shouting and put the head down into the transition for the last time.
i was now thinking to myself ''that guy is not gona beat me''.Sometimes actions speak louder than words and I had a cheeky clance as a ran smoothly past him early into the run.
The top 5 guys where out of my league but next year I  will be aiming for an improvement.
Bray 10k:

Sunday came around not having done any training,I was hoping that the race might spark me back into training.The race was very low key,around 60 people lined up in Bray and the race went off 30mins late as we waited for the Gardai car.I ran steady from the gun and was suprised when I glanced around and had a gap so early,the guy back in 3rd from Kilcole ac had beaten me a few months ago in the Wicklow Gaol 10k(ran 36.57 then)
After 1k we went up a large steep hill for another 2k and this stage I had 10-12 seconds lead.Over the next 3k the gap stayed pretty much the same.Reaching halfway in 17.30 I decided to put the hammer down and leave the runner in second.I ran the next 1k in sun 3mins,turning the turn with 4k it was all downhill and i just enjoyed the remainder knowing i had the win in the bag.To my suprise i finished up in a pb of 33.13.

The goal now is too sit down with my coach and work out a plan fro the cross country.having missed so much of late and my achilles niggling at me I think it best to give the national half marathon a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment