Friday 16 November 2012

Berlin marathon awaits me.............

Never a good sign when a blog hasn't been updated in over five weeks.Trying to go back and remember things when I should be logging my training in a diary.
Since the last time I posted I ran a marathon in 2.55 and blew up badly in the last 5-6 miles.I have signed up for Berlin marathon next September and with the right training can have a good crack at a 2.3x marathon.

This week has gone well with a good session Tuesday of 8 x 1k repeats and one long run of 95minutes.The rest are my usual 4mile commute to work.
This weekend we are one of the sponsors of the Stook 10mile road race in Kilkenny.I plan on running 6minute miles with the last 2-3 a little quicker.

2 comments:

  1. Good man Kevin. You'll be well able for breaking 2:30 considering you won't be standing on the expo for two days in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one old man english! Just hope the weather is not too hot over there in Berlin. Well, just ask John Treacy how to prepare for a hot race in Ireland ;-)

    ReplyDelete