Wednesday 19 October 2011

While it might be cold it's good to be back running !!!

Finally I have turned a corner regarding my achilles injury.It has been a frustrating time not being able to run and I appreciate it all the more now.

Last Sunday i decided to jump into the Hell and Back 10k race.this race consisted of running up the Sugar loaf,under cargo nets,up cargo nets,over bails of hey,under tunnels,through tyres and muddy conditions.
While i ran like a headless chicken and paid the price in the last 2k being run down by 3 other runners finishing in 4th,i was delighted to have no problems with my achilles.

The days since the race have been tough as my legs are sore from the race but I have managed to run 40mins on monday @ 8min miles and Tuesday for 45mins @ 7min miles.
The next two weeks will consist of slow areobic running to get the body back used to running again.You can view a video made by Donal @   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9siMe-or7ds

No comments:

Post a Comment