Monday 24 October 2011

Rainy days but fun !!!

Last week was tough training even though the volume was low my body is still adgusting to the running again.
Thursday I ran 30minutes very easy
Friday I took a rest day
Saturday I ran on the roads with Eoin,Colin and Tom Fitzpatrick who earlier int he day had won the racepix 5k race.We ran 8miles @ a slightly faster pace of around 7mins  per mile.My calfs where tight after and hamstrings.Check out http://www.racepix.com/  for all race pictures of races you might have ran.
Sunday was a session on the kyber pass in The phoenix park with Colin.We ran 6 x 2mins with 3mins run back as recovery.The session was very controlled and next week we will repeat at the same intensity and add 2-3 more reps.
After a few too many beers Sunday night down in Tullamore i ran an easy 50mins in the rain soaked Phoenix park on my own.Really enjoyed the run.

I have been using a new shoe by Mizuno called the Enigma.Its mizuno's newest neutral shoe and a shoe I feel they have been missing.It has full length wave technology giving it much more cushioning in the forefoot.If you are someone who has had problems with the Wave rider 14, and need a shoe to get you to the next update, give these a try.I will give a full review after another 50miles !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment