Monday 16 January 2012

75 days to my debut marathon :)

Well last week was a solid week of miles but poor regarding session.
The hills on the Sunday took t out of the legs and I was running flat for most of the week.

I did a longish run on the thursday off 2hours +

Saturday i doubled up and did a light session on 7 x 1.45 repeats.
Sunday was a great run with so may runners there.
I did 2hours 33mins @ 6.57 pace and felt good (22miles)

The body feels fresh after an easy 8miles this morning.
I missed last weeks Leinster champs as the shop has been so busy.
This weekend im going to venture up the Hills on Sunday but will
take it handier on the descent.

Last week was the biggest week of my life mileage wise,i hit 105miles.
While i know you won't get any rewards for miles i know that this will be vital
during my Base phase.
A friend of mine once said getting to the start line of  a marathon is an achievment in itself.

On a personal note I was shocked to read about Martin Fagan.
Get well soon buddy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment