Tuesday 10 January 2012

Onwards and Upwards !!!

Been a while since i updated the log but training being going really well.
I have confirmed Connemara will be my first marathon.
Also running will be our sponsored athlete in Amphibian king Gary O' Hanlon who is flying right now.
The schedule is well on course but finding races now to see where im at in terms of race fitness will be important.

I did a 90mile week around X-Mas with a 19 mile run on X-Mas day in between a lovely fry up in my parents and a lovely dinner in my in-laws.

Last week I had a niggle in my calf so the quality session ie my out and back run and fartlek where a little slower.Sunday was a fantastic run with Michael Freeley and Brian Mcmahon up Ticknock(twice)
We managed 21 miles in just over 7.05 average pace which was really good.The weeks total being just over 95miles.

The last two days have been steady miles as the quads where sore after the downhill on the mountains.
Got a sports massage from Vinny Mulvey today which was badly needed.
Have a good feeling about 2012 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment