Monday 18 June 2012

Parkwest 10k

The legs where tired from the racing so this week was a recovery week with a planned session on saturday.
Monday was a very easy 30minutes as the body was tender.
Tuesday I did 40minutes with the pram and took a trip to the physio to get checked out and was given
some exercises for my weak core.
Wed:30mins am run to work and 45mins pm
Thursday:lovely 70mins am in the Phoenix park with kevin who had run 3.47 for 1500 the evening before and Gary.Pm I did an easy run home 25minutes @ 6.30 pace.
Fri:45mins and decided to race Parkwest on Sunday.
Sat:35MIN RUN

Sunday:Walked 45minutes with the pram to the race.Signed up and a friend of mine was home from the States(goes to Arkansas)
Asked him if there was no one sub 32-33mins would he help pace me to break 34mins.

Race started and I knew the pace was abit fast but 2-3 runners arouns me and dave was out ahead.Told him to go on but he slowed up and I caught him.
I knew I was going to pay for an opening 1k off 2.58 but tried to think positive and said to Dave I can use it as a buffer later on 

Slowly we pulled away from the 3rd runner and now I knew it was a case of staying relaxed and hitting sub 3.30 per km.
At 5k we hit 16.40 and I felt ok at this stage but was breathing heavy.
7-8 k was tough and I was glad it was on the flat section of the canal.

I
We hit 9km and I was dying now and told Dave to go on ahead,he left me standing and cruised home.My form was poor now and I was running back on my heels with all spring lost.I could see the finish was close and I managed one last big effort.The finish line had 33.27 and I ran hard todip under the line in 33.29 but the mat picking up the time was further on 
So finished up in 33.30 .Happy and a nice 75euro for second place.
Righ adductor a little tight after and calfs tight.
2mile warm up and 3mile cooldown.

No comments:

Post a Comment