Sunday 10 June 2012

Road racing again

The last two weeks have been great for me.I have been down with the club (Donore) on Tuesday evening's and we do some interval training.The first week consisted of 600m reps with 1min 45 seconds.I went off too fast on these and could only complete 6 reps at average pace 2mins.
The folowing tue I managed to do 5 x 1k in average 3.10 with 2minutes recovery,this session was a big improvement and ran with my Clubmate Eric who is back running after a long period injured.

This week end I decided to do a road race and I was expecting to run a sub 16.40 5k to start with.
The race went very well for me finishing strong in a solid time of 16.26
Eric finished 1 place ahead and was happy with his opener.Having someone to train with at a similar level really helps.
Bohermeen was the venue for the race and they laid ona  great BBQ after.Amphibian King where well represented with Gary finishing second in 15.13 just 2 seconds behind the winner and we had a small shop at the event.Was great to meet lots of customers and new customers.

On the way home Gary told me of a race the next day he planned on doing and he twisted my arm to take part.
The race was in Blanchardstown and was a really well run event with a great spread after and a friendly atmosphere.
The course was a little long but I had a great run finishing in 3rd place and you will never guess GARY WON AGAIN !!!
Thats the Dundalk half marathon,Cork half marathon,Maynooth 10k and second in Kildare half and second in Bohermeen.
After the race we got to meet the minister for transport Leo Varadkar who had ran in the race himself.

I hope everyone is training away and hope tosee you all in the shop soon.
The New Mizuno and Saucony stock has just dropped ;)

Congrats to siofra our sponsored junior athlete who ran the qualifying time for the world junior championships in the 800m with a great time of 2mins & 4seconds.Im sure we will see her fly the flag for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment