Monday 19 September 2011

The long run that nearly killed me !!!

Saturday i had planned a run before work as I was heading down to the the dublin half marathon in the phoenix park.
My body just couldn't get out of bed in time and I decided to watch the first half of the rugby.
Heading down to the half I took some pictures of people passing the first mile.
I left my run till the evening after work and did 40minutes very relaxed putting emphasis on my form and staying relaxed.

Sunday was a shock to the System as I met up with the lads in the running club who where doing a long run of 1hour 40minutes.
The pace was a steady 7minute pace and although the first 45-50minutes where ok I struggled for the rest of the run.Still managed just over 14miles and 1hour 40minutes.
Today i feel like a truck hit me and last night I was in bed @ 7pm.
Very easy to be negative getting back into full fitness so it's so important to stay positive.
Wasn't that long ago I was winning races ,how can all the fitness go so fast ???

2 comments:

  1. No wonder you felt like you've been hit by a truck. Slow it down if your only getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 miles after being off for so long? Sounds like something I'd do! :)
    Hope the ankle held up with that.

    ReplyDelete