Tuesday 15 November 2011

Double run today and feeling good !!!

Up at 6.30 am for my earliest run in a long long time.Met Kevin M in the phoenix park which was still dark so had the head torch on.
Didn't see one runner during the run which goes to show the drop in running after the marathon.
people will wait till the New year after they have put on extra weight to get back.
Wore my mizuno wave rider which didnt work well with my new orthotics as they cut the arch off my right foot.
Im half tempted to run the Jingle Bells but will be too soon to take any positives from a race.Maybe new years 5k might be an option.
My achilles was the best it's been in a long time this morning and spent some time stretching my calfs before the run.


Distance:8milesLocation:phoenix park
Shoes:Mizuno Rider
week2: 12 miles




Evening run with two mates Conor and Gary.they where doing a track session in Santry of 9 x 400m average pace 61-62,was class to watch.
Gary having just ran 2.26 in Dublin and Conor a 4.03 miler.
I slogged around in 8min pace 0

I have decided on a Marathon in the Spring with a 12-14 week build up.
few more weeks of building up the miles to 60-65 before starting.
Selecting the marathon now is a tough one.
Any suggestions???

Distance:5milesLocation:Santry
Shoes:Saucony Cortana
week2: 17 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment