Sunday 18 December 2011

Turning the corner :)

Friday:had planned to run 40minutes but with work and a trip to the cinema it never happened.Was finding the  volume of this week tough so a day of well deserved :)

Saturday:Couldn't get of my bed to train before work so out the door after work to do a long session.
I hit the roads around Tallaght and Walkinstown which are nice and flat.
warm up 12minutes followed by 5miles @ 6.30 pace and 5miles @ 6mins pace.Amazed it felt very easy but last 3miles I was working out of my comfort zone a little.3.5mile cool down for a toal of 14.5miles.


Sunday:Longest run of the week today.Went down to Donore clubhouse and stretched for 15minutes before hand.hip flexors tight and lower back.

Started of with the womens group and there wasn't many down.

First miles was 8.36 follwed by 7.59.Wasn't too bothered as I knew i would bring the average pace down as the run went and this would be my longest run of the year of 2hours and 3minutes.

As the run went on the pace dropped with a 7.17 and then I picked it up with one of the master runners in the club who was running 1hour 40mins and had started 10mins after me.
For the next 6 miles the pace was 7mins bang on and then I started dropping down to 6.45 pace for the remainder.


Finished up with 17.5miles in 2hours and 3minutes.
Shoes:Saucony Cortana
Location: Phoenix Park(ran 80% on grass)

Miles this week:80

No comments:

Post a Comment